I help youth and young adults overcome anxiety and depression by helping build better coping skills.
After volunteering with youth for many years, I have seen the need for supportive non-parent mentors and adults in their lives. Supporting and helping parents, teenagers, and families alike understand their personal hardships and how to successfully overcome them fuels my passion to counsel. Along the same lines, young adults struggle with transitional periods and seek out guidance on the wisest choices for them. My goal is to help adolescents and young adults pinpoint areas where they want to grow and to walk alongside them as they strive to meet those aspirations.
My passion for youth counseling stems from years of volunteering with students 11-18 years old, plus what I’ve learned from studying Psychology and Sociology. Understanding the developmental, physical, cognitive, and emotional changes with youth and young adults helps parents, coaches, and mentors empathize with what they may be struggling with.
By focusing on the way in which a problem can be solved through solution-focused therapy, clients are able to navigate the rough waters despite the setbacks they all will face. This type of therapy guides clients to help figure out their problems in the here-and-now, as well as gives them tools to use in the future when they may face similar challenges.
Credentials & Qualifications
- Helping adolescents grow emotionally, cognitively, and spiritually since 2017.
- BA in Psychology, Magna Cum Laude, Washington State University, 2021.
- Certified Counselor (CL#61184295)
- Master of Arts in Counseling, Western Seminary, 2021 – Present (anticipated graduation, 2024).
- Pre-Licensed Professional Intern, Restored Life Counseling 2022 – Present.
- QPRT Suicide Risk Assessment and Management Training, Western Seminary.
Challenges We Help With
Try Our Free Resources
We offer these resources to the community for free. No email or identifying information is required to access these tools that can help you overcome your challenges.