Recruiting: Board of DirectorsDirectors volunteer their time and expertise to help the officers (Executive Director/President, Secretary, Treasurer) clarify and execute the mission, vision, and strategic plans of Restored Life Counseling. Apply Now
Mission Based Hiring
Free and full affirmation of our statement of faith and commitment to our core values is a condition of serving on the board of directors. As ministers of Christ to a broken world, both personal and professional conduct must reflect alignment with our cause, mission, vision, beliefs, values, and strategy (all of which can be found on our about page).
Why Serve on the Board of Directors
- You care about Christians making meaningful contributions to the field of mental health beyond only clinical services.
- You care about improving mental health of families.
- You love philanthropy.
Directors volunteer their time and expertise to help the officers (Executive Director/President, Secretary, Treasurer) clarify and execute the mission, vision, and strategic plans of Restored Life Counseling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet once a month to discuss and adjust current strategic objectives of the organization (meetings typically last 1-2 hours, are held by video conference two out of every three months, and in person once per quarter).
- Prepare for board meetings by reading any materials sent by the officers for review (financial reports, reading about strategic issues, etc). This is typically a time commitment of no more than 1 hour, though any director may volunteer their time to invest in deeper preparation to the benefit of the entire board.
- Invest 1 or more hours per month promoting Restored Life Counseling to one’s personal and professional network for fund raising or other strategic objectives.
- Maintain a monthly recurring financial donation to Restored Life Counseling of an amount meaningful to the board member. This is standard in many nonprofits, especially those seeking large grant funding. Grantors are hesitant to fund nonprofits with low board participation.
- Maintain a general awareness of state laws pertaining to nonprofits.
- Maintain a general awareness of the organizational bylaws.
- Hire and fire the officers (subject to state law and organizational bylaws).
- Set compensation (if any) of the officers.
- Alignment with Restored Life’s Statement of Faith and Core Values
- Be of the age of Majority in Washington State (18)
We desire to have a diverse board of directors from as many different backgrounds as possible. That said, because of the mission, vision, and strategy of Restored Life Counseling, directors from certain professional backgrounds are highly desired for our board of directors.
Highly Desired Professional Backgrounds
- Software Development
- Software as a Service
- Machine Learning / Data Science
- Academic Publishing
For directors from the mental health professions
- Certification or license in a mental health discipline
- Specialist certification through one or more of IITAP, ICEEFT, EMDRIA, IATP, the Gottman Institute, or similar.
- Regular meeting attendance.
- Preparation for meetings.
- Regular promotion of Restored Life to one’s network.
- Regular financial donations (the regularity, not the amount is the success metric).
None, this is a volunteer position.