One of the best tools for healing is reading. If you’re not a “reader,” don’t let that scare you away. Many of the books mentioned below are available as audiobooks, and many of the authors have podcasts or YouTube channels. Find a learning format that works for you and make time to do it on a regular basis.
Disclaimer – all links below are amazon affiliate links, if you follow one of these links to Amazon and make a purchase, Restored Life will get a 4-6% commission on that purchase.
I recommend these books to many of my clients, even when addiction or marriage issues are not the main presenting concern.
- Anatomy of the Soul, by Curt Thompson
- The Soul of Shame, by Curt Thompson
- Daring Greatly, by Brené Brown
- Boundaries, by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, by Peter Scazzero
- The Power of Habit, by Charles Duhigg
- The Miracle Morning, by Hal Elrod
- Deep Work, by Cal Newport
- Grit, by Angela Duckworth
Reading for sex addiction recovery:
- Unwanted, by Jay Stringer
- Talking to your kids about sex, by Mark Laaser
- Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book
- Sex Addicts Anonymous Green Book
- Sex Addiction 101, by Robert Weiss
- Bible reading: Hebrews and James.
- Wired for Intimacy, by William Struthers