The SEEDS Cycle is a helpful way to understand the connections between things that happen outside of us and inside of us, and how we respond.
- Sight, sound, smell, taste, touch
- Heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, temperature
- Tense or relaxed
- Heavy or light
- What else?
- When you feel that set of sensations, what do you call it?
- Needs vs wants
- Values and boundaries
- “I am…”
- “He is…”
- “She is…”
- “We are…”
- “They are…”
- “This is…”
- Do & Say
- Helpful or harmful?
- Skilled or unskilled?
- Intention vs impact
For cycles that need to change, there are offramps at each part of the cycle.
- Self soothing
- New experiences (with a sense of control)
- Mindful movement
- Improved attachments
- Deepen your practice of emotionally healthy spirituality
- Clarify your needs vs. wants
- Clarify your values and boundaries
- Deepen your understanding of your faith and theology
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Do & Say
Two or more SEEDS Cycles relating to each other make an infinity loop.
Applying the SEEDS Cycle as an infinity loop helps us to dissect relationship patterns that cause more disconnection than connection.
Download the Printer Friendly Version of This Resource
Try Our Free Resources
We offer these resources to the community for free. No email or identifying information is required to access these tools that can help you overcome your challenges.
Restored Life Counseling is a nonprofit Christian counseling center helping you overcome your deepest personal and relationship challenges.
Please help us keep this resource free and available to as many people as possible by donating below.